Total Pageviews

Monday 21 February 2011

Please bear with me im new at this...

Hello there,


I've been thinking of creating a Blog for some time now, but I never thought of a what I could write about.  However with a new year comes resolutions and mine is to become a bit more self sufficient.  Long story short i'm going vegetables.


This Blog will document my progress in the garden and any other life lessons I wish to share with you guys out there.  I have not got far with my veggie patch, as yet I have turned the soil but is badly root infested so I need to continue to cut up and sieve the soil so it is easy to dig and plant, weirdly enough there is a hell of glass tiles in the bed which is proving a big problem... maybe not big but annoying.   The whole thing is a bit monotonous and hard on the arms but quite rewarding.  I am looking forward to March as I will be planting the seeds in their nursery trays, which I think will feel like im making more progress.


I think Gardening appealed to me for a different reason, a more personal reason. My mind, for the last few years, has been in a rather busy/dark place and I am one of those people who allows their brain to work far too much.  By doing something that is not with friends or involves me watching something, essentially being away for human interaction, I am able to shut of for a while and escape in to a little world of my own.  Being a hairdresser I am constantly talking to and surrounded by people it feels good to be outside getting my fingers dirty.  Maybe I should get a t shirt with "soil is good for the soul"?  I think every one should be able to escape somewhere from the momentum of work and life to discover new things,  it helps you become a much richer and more rounded person.


Well  think that maybe my first Blog finished. Excuse me if it was a bit self indulgent but what the hell.


Till next time.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment